Saturday, October 2, 2010

HSTARC1: Reaction Blog (Pre-Historic Architecture)

Pre-Historic Architecture for me was the smartest Architecture of all time because humans doesn’t have the enough technology to produce quality materials to build buildings. I find it smart because they only use their natural resources such as rocks, woods, even their wastes, with their bare hands to create their shelter. I also find them traditional, because some of their creations are based on traditions and rituals, such as the Tumuli which served as a burial ground and then called Pyramids.
I also find it mysterious because, some of the Architectural figures were very questionable. Some can estimate when was the time it was built but the main question for me was how was it built. Just like the Stonehenge, although some engineers theorized that it was made by a wheel that lifts the rock through the top of the two vertical rocks, but for me, I don’t know why did they create such thing as that, it didn’t even gave them shelter because it’s an open area. If they did use a wooden-wheel like structure, how did the humans that time made it strong enough to carry a big rock?
I’m amazed by their work. It’s really mind-puzzling. Don’t look out on them because inspirations such as lake houses also came from them. They made houses through lake dwellings with wood and I think some tree leaves.
It’s really hard to imagine how they were able to make solid structures using stones and woods.
Just like what they said about the relationship between the Modern Architecture and Pre Historic Architecture, I think somehow they relate each other, but in a gradual and chronological manner. There may be some structures in Pre-Historic Architecture, that can be seen in today’s Modern Architecture, just maybe because, some of the design was  passed from one generation to the other, from one period to another. But at the same time, I object that phrase because, I believe that Architects have all different styles of Architecture. They can create numbers of possibilities on how to design an object, their uniqueness is incomparable. So to sum up, I think the Pre Historic and Modern Architecture, relates but in a far way connection because for me it’s really up to the Architect on how to design his own and make his own. I’ve learned a lot about the first genre of the History of Architecture and hope to learn more about the upcoming eras.

No comments:

Post a Comment