Tuesday, April 26, 2011

AESTETA: Finals Exam (page 4)

Main Idea:

In terms of Aesthetics and search for beauty, I'd disregard any factors that would affect my belief and my perspective of my own life. I'd even disregard my religion, but it's not about that I hate religion; It's just in this world alone, I am only me. I'm the only one who can be myself, so if I let something affect me, it's not me anymore. It's not from my own justification and reasoning, because as an individual, I should take control of my own life belief.

Just like the famous Filipino quote "Nasa Diyos ang gawa, nasa tao ang gawa."

Yes, it should be like that. Whatever I'm going to do in this world, it is going to be my decision. Faith is just there, but I should not let that justify who I am.

Everyone should search for their own identity because that's by far the best thing to do for a living. When you find the 'prime' you, the peak of yourself, your life couldn't get any better.


Influences on why they thought this way, historical, family background, religious?


As a young man, as I encounter countless problems in life, sometimes even unbearable problems; step by step, I'm slowly diminishing myself away from my faith.

I can't spill all my hardships here because some are very confidential, but a little hint is that, it's all about family problems.

It's true that the one that you love, can make you strong and weak at the same time. Family, someone that's been with you since you were born inspires you, but at the same time, when everything fails, you feel like you too also fail.


Definitions of Beauty and/or Art in your terms Aesthetics in architecture


For me, beauty in architecture, as long as you're inspired and fueled to design a certain structure, it is beautiful. When we work with inspiration, that's beauty for me. Because everyone have different perspective on what's beautiful, so its really up to the designer and his philosophies.

Design makes structures look good, but philosophies makes it more stronger and invulnerable.

Let's say for example the Holocaust Museum, some people might consider it ugly and too complicated, but what makes it interesting is the story behind the design, which is really more important for me.

One thing I wrote in my Manifesto: "If a building is beautiful, but doesn't have any explanation about it, it's pointless."


Effects of your way of thinking to society (art, politics, etc.) when you become an architect

In art, I might be able to express some of my emotions and feelings, and maybe even others experiences. Arts that would lead them to find themselves. Arts to move them, arts to inspire them, arts to push them and make them open their eyes to reality and become the real them.

As long as I breathe, I would think of endless possibilities to aim more, to reach more and to become more.

No comments:

Post a Comment